Jewelry Care & Repair - Thursday January 18, 6:30-8:30pm @WEND
Do you have jewelry that is tarnished, nicked, out-of-shape, in knots, or broken?
Let's do some care and repair!
What will you learn from the class?
- Simple techniques for cleaning tarnished jewelry.
- Tips and tricks for untangling knots in chains, fixing or replacing clasps, etc.
- Easy techniques for re-shaping jewelry.
- How to do simple repairs.
- Discover the proper size of every finger you have.
- Testing the metal in your jewelry if you don't know what it is. Testing gems, too!
- We won't be soldering, instead we will focus on what we can do with hand tools and liquids.
- Jewelry which is tarnished, misshapen, knotted, or broken.
- Jewelry you’d like to test
- Don't hold back - bring it all!
What will be provided?
- Tarnish remover
- Tools to use while in class
- Herbal Spritzer and/or Wine!
- Goodies for you to take home for ongoing care and repair of your personal jewelry collection.
- Who: You and invite a friend!
- What: Jewelry Care and Repair
- When: Thursday, January 18, 2024 from 6:30-9:00pm
- Where: WEND Jewelry 3278 California Ave SW
Wendy Woldenberg, founder of WEND, was a high school jewelry teacher for 22 years and is a professional goldsmith. She can't quit the teaching life, so she's providing instruction at WEND.
Lexie Tiffany, Jewelry Designer (at WEND), is an expert in all manner of stringing, wire working, shaping, bending, and detailed jewelry cleaning.